Prosys Computing annual newsletter; our 2021 highlights
We all know 2021 has been a rollercoaster but with dips also come highs, so we thought we’d share some of our highlights from the past year and our plans for 2022.
If you are unable to view the document below, please scroll down to read all the content of the newsletter on this page.
What’s new with Sage 200 Professional?
Each year Sage adds extra functionality and features to Sage 200 based on customer feedback.
In December last year, Sage made some changes for businesses to use after the Brexit transition from 1 January 2021:
- New VAT term for postponed VAT accounting, and two new default VAT rates.
- New country codes for Northern Ireland (XI) and Great Britain (XU) for use by Republic of Ireland only.
In July, Sage introduced a new web portal allowing you to use some Sage 200 Professional features using a web browser. The Web Portal is designed for use on computers and tablets, and you can use it straight away without installing an app.
What can I do in the Web Portal?
There is a wide range of things you can do including create, amend and view:
- customer accounts (Sales Ledger)
- supplier accounts (Purchase Ledger)
- nominal accounts (Nominal Ledger)
- stock items (Stock Control)
A full list of all the Web Portal features is available online, along with instructions on how to access it.
New features in the desktop
Sage provided all Excel reports for free that were previously only available with Sage 200 Services Extra.
There isn’t an official release date yet for 2022 R1 but some of the new features include:
- Web Screens – Sales Order Processing
- Web Screens – Quotes
- Sales Order Memo Tab
- Quotations additional features e.g., Memo Tab, cross selling, expiry date and more …
- Printing and emailing sales orders from Web Forms
- API updates
More details can be found here.
What’s new with Prosys Computing?
There’s a lot to be proud of and thankful for in 2021.
- We’ve welcomed a record number of new customers:
UPVC Direct, Monmouth Scientific, Just Rollers, Woodlodge Products, Innovative Repair Group (iRG), Magnet & Steel, NAF, Penny Lane Foods, Rapport, CK Foodstores, TOTM and Johnson & Phillips.
- We were named Biggest Growth Partner 2021, as well as featuring in the top 10 for product sales at the Sicon awards
- Hired Nicola, our new Marketing Manager, late 2020
- Launched a new website in July
- Sponsored the Made in Wales Awards in October
- Provided training through our free monthly webinars
- Helen is also celebrating 10 years at Prosys Computing this month
As well as lots of positive business stories, Lee set up an online radio station, ACJ Radio, which Prosys Computing sponsors and if he wasn’t busy enough, he became a Daddy again welcoming Lola-Daisy in June.
What’s new with our customers?
Despite the pandemic, there has been plenty going on with our customers with many implementing additional features and functionality to complement their existing Sage 200 system:
- Mevalco have implemented Sicon Barcoding & Warehousing
- Eriez have implemented Sicon Fixed Assets
- Welsh Power Group have implemented Sicon WAP
- Lextox have implemented Sage CRM
- Puffin Produce announced construction started on a new state of the art Welsh liquid milk processing facility in Pembrokeshire
- Direct Healthcare Group won the Medical, Life Sciences & Healthcare Award at the Made in Wales Awards
- Penderyn Distillery won 7 golds at the Spirits Business World Whisky Masters and was also named within the Top 50 Most Admired Whisky Brands of 2021
What’s new with Gravit-e?
With the peak in online sales, it’s unsurprising that it’s also been a record year for our eCommerce subsidiary, Gravit-e Centric Ltd. Having won several new contracts and completed some major projects for customers, Gravit-e is going from strength to strength.
Whilst Chris Lynch left the business, we have been joined recently by Mat Jones and late last year by Danny Corder who both bring a wealth of skill and expertise.
Chris Brankley, having been with the company and the software platform from its inception, has been promoted to Chief Technical Officer and now leads this talented team.
In November, Gravit-e and Prosys joined forces for a night of axe throwing. Despite some questionable throws everyone left unscathed!
How can Sage 200 be customised to benefit your business?
As well as a wide range of Sage 200 modules and compatible add-ons, our team of expert software developers can customise the system to meet your specific requirements, no matter how complex or unique. This year again has seen many customers expand the standard Sage 200 functionality through our development services. For example:
- Great Bear have had significant customisation implemented to help them streamline processes for their healthcare business
- DVS are a growing business that have used Sage 200 customisation to help streamline processes to drive efficiency and manage business growth
- Modplan have had bespoke work implemented to integrate Sage 200 to various back-office systems
- Celtic Chemicals have used customisation to help them manage their industry specific conformity requirements
The benefits of customisations include:
- Familiarity for ease of use and fast adoption
- More efficient processes
- Time saving
- Smarter more flexible correspondence
- Reduced error rate
- Cost effective
- Improved management reporting
- Easy to use, install and maintain
If you have a business function that is not fully automated or operating effectively, maybe customisation is the answer, so get in touch and let’s explore the possibilities.
Pretty much anything is possible!
Webinar catch up
As part of our ongoing commitment to our customers we run a free monthly webinar to help you get the most out of your system. We hope you’ve found these useful and always welcome suggestions if there are any topics you would like us to cover in 2022.
If you missed any or want a refresher, you can see the full list of customer webinars here. Recordings are available on request.
What’s happening in 2022?
We’re excited to be moving offices in the coming weeks to an updated building within the same area of Cardiff. While we have proven that working from home works for us, the new office gives us the flexibility and environment to engage with customers and colleagues in person which we have all surely missed. We hope to see you soon!
In March 2022 we’ll be celebrating a significant milestone; 30 years in business. Technology has changed drastically over this time, and we’re excited to see what the next 30 years of technological advances will bring us. Hopefully we’ll be able to have some celebrations too!
We would like to wish everyone who has been a part of the Prosys Computing family in 2021 a Happy New Year.